SCGA MEMBER OUTINGS
MONDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2020
San Diego Country Club
88 L Street
Chula Vista, CA 91911
POLICIES, PROCEDURES, & GUIDELINES:
Prior to participating, all participants must review the SCGA’s Policies & Procedures and COVID-19 Guidelines for Member Outings and Golf Cart Policy.
Thank you for supporting the Member Outings throughout 2020, and we wish you and your loved ones a wonderful holiday season and a new year filled with joy and good health.
SAN DIEGO COUNTRY CLUB:
Established: San Diego Country Club Established in 1897 in Point Loma, CA
Course Architect of Chula Vista Location: William Watson 1921 / Remodeled by Billy Bell to add additional length and bunkering.
San Diego Country Club is a hidden gem. Nearing 100 years at its Chula Vista location, SDCC has managed to preserve time-honored tradition while maintaining relevance for the modern player. A Championship caliber, 18-hole layout, SDCC is provides pristine playing conditions, year-round. The course is generous from the tee box, but the rolling fairways and expansive greens place a premium on strategy and creativity in the short game. The poa-annua greens are recognized as some of the best on the West Coast and have been awarded by the Southern California Golf Association, "Best Greens in Southern California."
Hosted 1952-1953 PGA Tour San Diego Open (Joe Louis becomes the first African American to compete in a PGA Tour Event)
Hosted 1964 USGA Women's Open Championship (Won by Mickey Wright Honorary Member SDCC)
Hosted 1993, 2017 USGA Women's Amateur Championship (Won by Jill McGill '93, Sophia Schubert '17)
Hosted 2002, 2007 Pacific Coast Amateur (Won by Brock Mackenzie '02, Mike Knight '07)
Hosted 2013 SCGA Amateur Championship (Won by Beau Hossler)
Hosted Lamkin Intercollegiate 2008-2018
STARTING TIMES AND PAIRINGS:
- We encourage you to visit the Event Portal, where you will find the starting times, pairings and what to expect in advance of the event.
- Starting times will range from 8:00 a.m. to 10:10 a.m. with 10-minute intervals, off split tees Holes #1 & 10.
- Due to COVID-19 players are encouraged to arrive no more than 30-minutes prior to their assigned tee time and allow for 15-minutes of range time.
FOOD SERVICE AND PURCHASES:
- Registration fees include: Guest green fees, cart, driving range and box lunch.
- Box lunches and waters will be on the carts prior to tee-off.
- Box lunches include: Turkey Sandwich, Fruit, Two Cookies, Bag of Chips and Water.
- Snack Bar will be closed.
- Purchases in the Golf Shop may be made with credit card or cash.
- Golf Shop will be open 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Arrival no-more than 30-minutes prior tee time and depart immediately following the round.
- Once you arrive, face masks must be worn in accordance with local guidelines. Around the Clubhouse facilities, Golf Shop, and where social distancing is not possible, not required on the golf course.
- Golf Host will not handle your bags, but players will be directed to the cart staging area.
- Registration will be located outside the main Clubhouse and near the cart staging area.
- A registration table will be eliminated to prevent gatherings.
- No locker room/clubhouse access. Restrooms will be open at the Clubhouse and on the course.
- Golf Carts will be distributed to each player 15-minutes prior to their assigned tee time.
- Single rider, as well as, some Double rider carts will be distributed, and some will be walking.
- The club will have push-carts available for those interested in walking.
- Practice balls available on the Driving Range opening at 7:30 a.m., players should limit their range usage to no more than 15-minutes and maintain social distancing.
- Please note, all water stations throughout the course and Clubhouse are closed due to COVID-19. Please come prepared and bring additional waters or snacks to last throughout your round, as all water stations around the Clubhouse and on the course are closed due to COVID-19.
- Temperatures are expected to be partly cloudy with a high of 66 degrees.
Choice of tees based on play ability.
PACE of PLAY:
- San Diego CC has requested players to be mindful of a 4-hour, 15-minute round.
CARE OF GREENS & FAIRWAYS:
- Please repair all Ball-Marks on the Greens and Fill all Divots on the Fairways.
- Dress code strictly enforced. Collar shirts, tucked in, no CARGO shorts/pants.
- Cargo shorts or cargo pocketed slacks are not allowed.
- Hats worn forward.
- Players must be properly attired in golf shirts, slacks, Bermuda-length dress or golf shorts and soft spike shoes.
- Shirts must be tucked in and hats must be worn forward.
- Jeans (any color or any kind), T-shirts, and tank tops are prohibited.
- To withdraw for any reason prior to the start of a SCGA Member Outing, a player must notify the SCGA Championships & Golf Operations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (818) 980-3630.
- The player may also withdraw through his/her online player profile until entries close. If a player needs to withdraw on the morning of the event, notify the SCGA staff person through the golf shop staff at the host venue.
- Refund Policy:
- Cancelation prior to the entry closing date: Full less a $20 administrative fee.
- Cancelation after the entry closing date and more than 48 hours prior to the event: 50% of the entry fee.
- Cancelation within 48 hours of the event: No refund.
For a complete listing of SCGA policies and procedures, click here.